skip to Main Content

No aspect of our affairs can become more complicated than deciding where our estate goes when we die.

In fact, the tension and conflict that can surround wills and estates is often one of the major reasons families and friends fall out and relationships break down.

Our wills and estates team can help take the stress out of estate planning and make sure that, when you die, your assets go where you intend them to and you don’t face an unnecessary tax bill. People generally have the right to choose where their assets go when they die, and usually they do this through their will. But that doesn’t mean that a will is always final.

Will Disputes

We can also help you bring a claim against someone else’s estate if you feel you’ve been unfairly left out of their will or you haven’t been properly provided for.

Generally, if you’re financially dependent on someone or if you have a moral claim to the deceased’s assets, you can make a claim under family provision legislation, which exists to decide whether a will is fair or not.

The law only gives you a limited time to challenge a will before it becomes effective and the assets get passed on.

Our Approach

At Catherine Henry Lawyers, we’re committed to giving you practical, down-to-earth advice that’s tailored to your circumstances and gives you the best possible chance of success. That means we don’t believe in a one-size fits all approach to estate planning. Instead, we’ll listen carefully to your story and help you get to where you want to be.

We’ll also team up with financial planners, accountants and other professionals when we need to, so that your legal and financial advice complement each other and are working together towards achieving the same goals.

Our Wills and Estates Law Team

Monique Smiles

Monique Smiles

Senior Solicitor | LLB Grad Dip Leg Prac
Liza Stewart

Liza Stewart

Solicitor I BA LLB Grad Dip Leg Prac
Marlene Fleming

Marlene Fleming

Probate and Conveyancing Clerk
Angela Kerr
Back To Top
×Close search