skip to Main Content




Listen Now

We’re here to help

> Wills & Estates Law

Intestacy & Letters of Administration

If someone dies without a valid Will in place, they are said to have passed away intestate. To sort out the estate in this situation, someone must apply to the Court for a grant of Letters of Administration.

Has your loved one passed away without a valid Will?

If you have been left in this tricky situation, our Wills & Estates Lawyers can advise you on your rights and help you navigate what is ahead.

Generally, it will be the spouse, children or other close relative to whom the Court grants Letters of Administration.

How we can help

We can assist with:

  • ensuring the Court is satisfied with an application for a grant of Letters of Administration
  • making the application and lodging it with the Court
  • completing other necessary documentation
  • managing the administration of the estate once a grant is made.

We're here to help you.

Make an enquiry to find out where you stand.

If you have questions, would like some more information about us or our services or simply want to speak to someone, make an enquiry and a member of our Wills & Estates team will be in touch with you shortly. 

> what our clients say

“Thank you very much for all your advice and assistance with the matter. It was an extremely difficult and trying time for me..,

...your professionalism and strength were very much appreciated.”.”

Intestacy & Letters of Administration Resources

Back To Top

Stay Informed

Would you like to hear from us with the legal issues and news that matters most to you?

Subscribing to Catherine Henry Lawyers monthly e-newsletter will provide you with access to expert articles, client stories, information resources, downloadable content and relevant updates on law changes that affect you and your loved ones.