Practice Manager / Chief Executive
The Practice Manager acts as the chief executive of the business and reports initially to the Principal of the firm, and subsequently to a Board of Directors.
Direct reports to the role include those supporting the firm’s Finance, HR, IT, Facilities, Communications and Business Development functions and includes both firm employees and external providers.
The role is based in Newcastle, NSW and we anticipate it being filled at 80% FTE.
As Practice Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of the firm’s strategy through the delivery of effective, fit for purpose business processes.
- ensure the cost-effective availability of the human, technology, facilities and working capital resources necessary for the firm’s success
- support the Principal in her leadership of the firm’s professional capability and market presence
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of professional service firm business models and small business ownership and governance challenges
- Demonstrated capacity across the breadth of business management and leadership – finance, people, technology, operations, marketing, communications, facilities and risk
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, particularly in areas including business practice transformation, financial management, emotional intelligence, learning and development, diversity and inclusion
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in influencing peers, superiors and subordinates
- Demonstrated ability to manage the performance and develop the capabilities of others
Given the nature and demands of the role, relevant qualifications or substantial professional development in areas such as Leadership, Business Management, Finance, Human Resources or Strategy will be well regarded. Managing Partner experience in a professional services firm is also likely to satisfy this requirement.
To register your interest in this outstanding career opportunity, please send your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 4929 3995 for more information.
Benefits of working at Catherine Henry Lawyers
We value exceptional performers. Through our employee benefits program, you can access mentoring and career path planning; flexible work hours; continuing professional development; paid parental leave; and more.
We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team.
Please complete the form below to get in touch.