Make an enquiry to find out where you stand.
A specialist medical devices team
When a medical device is defective or not placed properly, the consequences can be devastating.
Our health and medical law team has special expertise in the law surrounding defective medical devices. We can help you get the compensation you deserve and hold the manufacturer or health professional responsible for their mistakes.
Our specialist medical devices team includes:
- Rosemary Listing, Special Counsel, who is completing her PhD in law at the ANU specifically on product liability and cases of medical device failure.
- Tom Lyons, who has more than two decades of experience in personal injury law and is a NSW Law Society Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
Catherine Henry, who has more than three decades of experience in medical law and is the Australian Law Awards Regional Lawyer of the Year, 2020, and Recommended Medical Negligence Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide, 2017-2020
How we can help
We have extensive experience acting in all types of defective medical device cases, including:
- investigating the cause of ongoing complications from failed medical devices
- compensation claims for injuries caused by failed medical devices
- negligence and product liability advice
- running cases as individual claims or class actions
- advising on participation in clinical trials for medical devices
- requesting and accessing medical records
- freedom of information requests to the TGA concerning a recalled medical device
- advising on protective steps before removal of a medical device
- discovery of documents relevant to the failure of a medical device
- reports on recall rates for medical devices
- medical device regulatory frameworks and regulatory compliance.
We're here to help you.
If you have questions, would like some more information about us or our services or simply want to speak to someone, make an enquiry and a member of our Health & Medical Law team will be in touch with you shortly.
> what our clients say
“I thank you and your firm for the great work you did on my behalf. I am very satisfied with the results and am now looking forward to getting on with my life...,
... thanks for your support and belief in my case and me.”