If you are considering selling your property, the following helpful tips should be of assistance to you.
- When you retain us as your lawyer, we will forward to you a check list to enable us to apply for the Disclosure Documents which must be attached to your display contract, and to answer requisitions after you have entered into a binding contract.
- Presentation of your property is vital…..prior to registering your property for sale, ensure that you have completed all the “odd jobs” required to present your property in the best possible light. “De-clutter” your home and surroundings, showing a “clutter free” environment will be more attractive on the agent’s web site.
- Prior to an inspection of your property by a prospective purchaser, make sure the property is neat and tidy, beds are made, and no washing up in the sink. Play relaxing music, and perhaps burn some aromatic oils (lavender especially!) to create a peaceful environment. If you have a pleasant view, or a lovely garden, make sure curtains are open to display these aspects.
- Remember that any prospective purchaser has either seen your property and notices the “For Sale” sign at the front, or has seen the property on the website. They may have only seen the photographs displayed on the website, and are not familiar with the locality.
- Once you have accepted an offer on your property your agent should contact us immediately with the name and address of the purchaser/s and their lawyer or conveyancer. Do not attempt to exchange contracts with the purchaser prior to advising us, so that we may discuss with you, and advise you on any additional Special Conditions requested by the purchaser’s lawyer or conveyancer.
- The deposit paid by the purchaser will be deposited into the agent’s trust account, and the balance (after deduction of agent’s commission) will be paid to you after settlement.
- We will keep you advised of progress with the sale, and the tasks you need to do prior to settlement such as arranging for the forwarding of mail, change of electricity, gas and phone accounts etc.
- Consider hiring a professional cleaner to come in after your move – this will save you a lot of stress and hard work and enable you to continue with your moving and unpacking in your new home.