The NSW Government has adopted the First Home Buyer Assistance Scheme. This Scheme allows certain first home buyers to claim a stamp duty exemption or…
Monique Smiles is a Senior Associate specialising in wills and estates, and elder law
Monique obtained her legal qualifications at the University of Western Sydney in 2011. She is now a Senior Associate practising in the areas of wills and estates and elder law. Monique can assist clients in all aspects of estate litigation, estate planning, estate administration and property law.
Monique aims to help her clients make informed decisions. She also supports family members during the distribution of an estate or in difficult disputes that may arise following the passing of a loved one.
Monique also has responsibility for the firm’s local court crime and traffic matters, having had experience in past positions in this area of practice.
“Effective estate planning allows our clients to have peace of mind knowing that their assets and liabilities are appropriately dealt with following their passing.”
Monique is able to assist your firm with agency work in regards to:
- Local Court criminal matters
- District Court criminal matters
- Traffic and driving offences
Monique’s expertise includes:
- All aspects of estate planning including Wills, superannuation, power of attorney and appointments of enduring guardians
- Probate and estate administration
- Estate litigation including family provision claims
- Property transactions (sale and purchase of land)
- Law Society of NSW
- Newcastle Law Society
- Western Sydney University Law Alumni
- Golden Key Society
Monique has a passion for mentoring young adults and encouraging their involvement in the legal profession through events and programs established by the University of Western Sydney Law Alumni.