The breakdown of a relationship is a difficult time
It is emotionally difficult. There will be many important practical issues to resolve. Maybe you have to find a new place to live. Finances may be an immediate issue. Property needs to be divided. Arrangements need to be put in place for children.
It is important to have the help of a caring and experienced lawyer who specialises in family law. Someone who can give you clear advice about your situation. Someone who can give you a clear path forward.
We see the following things as very important:
- We listen to you and find out what you want.
- We give you the very best advice.
- Most cases (whether financial or parenting) can be resolved. Effort needs to be put into this. An early resolution will allow you to get on with your life. It will save you money.
- Some cases can’t be resolved. The case needs to go to court for a Judge to make a decision. You need an experienced lawyer on your side so that you get the best possible result.
- We give you an estimate of legal costs.
Fresh Start Plan
If you need advice about a property settlement then we suggest that you book in for our Fresh Start Plan.
What is the Fresh Start Plan? It involves:
- A fixed fee
- A meeting of up to 2 hours with one of our family lawyers
- A detailed written report giving you advice about: the likely outcome, what further information is needed, recommended steps to take and legal fees
In appropriate cases we represent family law clients who are in receipt of legal aid.
We require you to:
- Have the grant of legal aid in place before we commence acting for you.
- Pay any compulsory client contribution at the time we first meet you.