Health Law and Medical Negligence Solicitor 4-5 year PAE
- Sick of the capital city mortgage squeeze? Looking for a sea/tree change?
- Want to be part of a specialist team and contribute to its widely acknowledged success in the Health Law Practice area?
- Come and join our dynamic, mid-sized firm located in beautiful Newcastle CBD
About the firm
Catherine Henry Lawyers (CHL) is a dynamic regional NSW firm that represents clients in the practice areas of health and medical law, relationship law, wills, estates and conveyancing. Our specialist knowledge and extensive experience in the health and medical law area is widely recognised, acting for plaintiffs right across NSW as well as the ACT.
About the role
Working closely with the Principal and Senior Associates of the firm, you will be responsible for pursuing complex medical negligence claims by plaintiffs. You will assist in upholding the highest professional and ethical standards, provide mentoring to junior professional and support staff and contribute to the marketing activities associated with the development of the health law practice.
This role would suit a lawyer with 4-5 years post admission experience.
The right candidate
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have:
- A minimum of four years’ experience in Personal Injury (Plaintiff) Law with significant interest or experience in Medical Negligence litigation
- A desire to specialise in medical law and in particular medical negligence litigation
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- A good level of technical expertise
- Proven ability to manage and delegate both professional and administrative work appropriately to achieve operational efficiency and quality in service delivery
- Ability to manage a reasonable case load and to ensure that the firm’s targets as to file velocity are met
- Attention to detail and accuracy in drafting
A former role in the medical or allied health area would be very favourably considered.
Your excellent sense of judgement and quality and consistency in service delivery will underscore your success in this role. We are after expressions of interest from a practitioner who enjoys working independently but has demonstrated skill in working effectively in a strong team environment.
What does CHL have to offer you?
- Energetic culture and fun environment – A positive and stimulating work environment based on teamwork, open communication and knowledge sharing.
- Relocate to beautiful Newcastle – Newcastle has been named as one of the world’s top ‘Smart Cities’ to watch in 2018.
- Bring the family along – Great schools and pristine surrounds.
- Not just local work – Diverse clients locally and across the state.
- Sydney office – Travel to Sydney will be part of the role
- High standard of work with opportunities to progress your career
We value exceptional performers. A highly attractive remuneration package will be negotiated based on your experience. To register your interest for this outstanding career opening, please send your written application to the People and Business Development Manager at Catherine Henry Lawyers via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 4929 3995.