The expert, caring team at Catherine Henry Lawyers has a 100% success rate for health and medical law cases making us the leading health and medical law firm in your region. We are the health law team for people seeking justice or compensation who have experienced adverse outcomes from poor health care.
Here’s 7 reasons why…
- Our large team includes highly experienced health lawyers, accredited personal injury specialists and in-house clinical expertise. We have successfully resolved thousands of cases and have a 100% success rate for clients in our medical and health law practice.
- Principal Catherine Henry has specialised in the field for more than 30 years both in Sydney and regional NSW, and worked on many high-profile medical negligence cases. She has a Masters in Health Law, and has also worked for the Health Care Complaints Commission, was a Legal Member of the Mental Health Review Tribunal and the Pharmacy Board of NSW.
- Both Catherine and Senior Associate Lucy Wilk are listed in the prestigious Doyle’s Guide list of NSW’s top 16 medical negligence plaintiff lawyers. Catherine Henry Lawyers is the only firm headquartered in Northern NSW and one of only two firms based outside of Sydney to make the list.
- Erin Woodward has 16 years’ experience working in the Mid-North Coast region and is an accredited personal injury specialist. She was responsible for all the medical negligence work at her previous well-known personal injury firm.
- Our specialist health law solicitors Tom Hunter-Leahy and Hayley O’Brien have only ever worked in health law. Health law solicitor Liza Stewart is running many cases against disgraced rogue doctors.
- Clinical Consultant and Registered Nurse Alex Wilson provides in-house clinical expertise to our clients and team. This means that, unlike other firms, we quickly get to the crux of the case because we know what the clinical practice should have been and the right questions to ask to establish the liability of the health care professional or health facility. Other firms without this experience can fumble through and take a lot longer to work out if there is a viable case.
- We are passionate and proactive about generating better health outcomes for people.
• Catherine is regularly asked for expert commentary by the media on health and aged care legal matters.
• Catherine has long been active in mental health advocacy for both adults and was a Legal Member of the Mental Health Review Tribunal.
• We produce a range of free resources and refer clients to specialist health professionals and groups. Our e-resource to help women navigate the legal system has a large section on health law matters.