Jessica Rea recognised as a ‘rising star’ One of our relationship law, elder law and
Our expert Estate Litigation Lawyers help clients who have been left out of a Will, are unfairly treated in a Will or have a concern about the validity of a Will.
Death, difficulties and disputes
Unfortunately, there are many situations where a person is left feeling disappointed, betrayed or worse when they learn of the terms of a Will.
A Family Provision Act claim can be made when a person believes they have either been unfairly excluded as a beneficiary of a Will or that what was left to them in a Will is inadequate.
There are also other situations where a dispute over a Will may arise, including where there is concern that:
- a Will was made fraudulently
- a Will was made by someone who lacked the mental capacity or was under the influence of another
- the terms of the Will are not being interpreted correctly
- the executor should not be allowed to act in the role of executor.
If you find yourself in this difficult position, we can help you resolve these complex issues as quickly and stress-free as possible.
How we can help
We can assist with:
- advising on the relevant legislation and rules
- advising on the requirements for a valid Will
- advising who can contest or challenge a Will
- contesting or challenging a Will
- defending challenges made to a Will.
We're here to help you.
Make an enquiry to find out where you stand.
If you have questions, would like some more information about us or our services or simply want to speak to someone, make an enquiry and a member of our Wills & Estates team will be in touch with you shortly.
> what our clients say
“Thank you very much for all your advice and assistance with the matter. It was an extremely difficult and trying time for me..,
...your professionalism and strength were very much appreciated.”.”