Leading, regional NSW-based health lawyer, Catherine Henry, says a proposal to scrap mental health treatment
Our health law team has particular expertise in providing advice on the legal issues arising from mental health issues and supporting those who are in need of this advice.
Experience, care and compassion
Our mental health lawyers are highly dedicated and experienced lawyers. They’ll listen to your story, concerns and priorities carefully – and guide you through the process with care and compassion.
Our experienced team is led by Catherine Henry, who has significant mental health advocacy experience, including:
- as a duty mental health lawyer engaged by the NSW Legal Aid Commission
- as Legal Member of the Mental Health Review Tribunal
- acting privately for acute patients receiving inpatient care under the Mental Health Act 2007.
How we can help
We have extensive experience in all areas of mental health law, including:
- providing advice – in person, by telephone and in writing – about treatment issues and options to those who are experiencing mental health issues
- appeals against mental health orders, including orders for a person to undergo ECT
- appearing at mental health inquiries and hearings before the Mental Health Review Tribunal, NCAT and the Supreme Court
- advising on the Mental Health Act 2007, including where someone alleges the standard of treatment under that Act has been deficient, causing harm to the person or their family
- advising about detention in a mental health unit under the Mental Health Act 2007
- litigation arising from poor treatment under the Mental Health Act 2007.
We're here to help you.
Make an enquiry to find out where you stand.
If you have questions, would like some more information about us or our services or simply want to speak to someone, make an enquiry and a member of our Health & Medical Law team will be in touch with you shortly.
> what our clients say
“I thank you and your firm for the great work you did on my behalf. I am very satisfied with the results and am now looking forward to getting on with my life...
... thanks for your support and belief in my case and me.”