Do you need a GP referral for cosmetic surgery in Australia? July 2023 legislative changes
Medical negligence, also known as medical malpractice, is the area of law that can provide redress and compensation if you’ve been injured as a result of medical treatment that’s fallen short of acceptable standards. Our medical negligence lawyers can help.
Experienced and recognised medical negligence lawyers
Our medical negligence lawyers have extensive experience in all types of cases involving health services, public and private hospitals, doctors, surgeons, GPs, nurses, and other health professionals.
Some common medical negligence areas include:
- misdiagnosing or delays in the diagnosis of a medical condition or disease
- incorrectly reporting or failing to act on test results
- failing to conduct surgery, testing, or other care competently (with appropriate care and skill)
- providing unsuitable or inadequate post-operative care
- failing to properly inform a patient of risks that occurred during their treatment or care
- providing the wrong type or dose of a drug
- incorrectly prescribing or monitoring medication
Medical and legal expertise – with an extra level of care
While our expertise and unparalleled experience in regional NSW has helped build our reputation, it’s the way we do things that makes us a law firm of choice for clients and referring lawyers.
One of our core firm values is respect and we always act with empathy, honesty, transparency and candour. This adds an extra level of care to everything we do.
From the moment you contact us, you’ll see this care shine through in our people and our processes.
How our medical negligence lawyers can help
In NSW, compensation may be available for what are known as secondary victims of those who experience medical negligence – such as close family members and/or witnesses.
Our lawyers handle medical negligence cases in all health and medical areas including:
- Medical negligence claim – how to make a medical negligence claim, alternatives to making a medical negligence claim and consent to treatment
- Misdiagnosis – amputation, brain injury and aneurisms, cancer misdiagnosis, cardiac care, GP negligence, emergency department failures, psychiatric and mental health misdiagnosis, and iron infusions
- Surgical negligence – anaesthesia, cosmetic surgery, weight loss surgery. gynaecology, orthopaedic and trauma, post-surgical infections such as sepsis
- Obstetric negligence – maternal birth trauma, cerebral palsy, genetic and antenatal testing, group B strep, shoulder dystocia, wrongful birth, stillbirth and neonatal death, maternal death
- Drug & medication negligence – COVID-19 vaccine claims, dispensing errors, hormone replacement therapy and gentamicin toxicity
- Residential aged care negligence– pressure sores, sepsis, and falls
We're here to help you.
Make an enquiry to find out where you stand.
If you have questions, would like some more information about us or our services or simply want to speak to someone, make an enquiry and a member of our Health & Medical Law team will be in touch with you shortly.
> what our clients say
“I thank you and your firm for the great work you did on my behalf. I am very satisfied with the results and am now looking forward to getting on with my life...
... thanks for your support and belief in my case and me.”